Saturday, July 21, 2012

7-21 9 o'clock

One of my wishes since I first saw Old Faithful, was to see her erupt at night. Well, almost 20 years after that time, I saw it. At about 9 o'clock, I dragged my family to the geyser basin after dinner. On the way, we almost hit a deer that decided to cross the road in front of us in our rented truck. Thankfully, God was watching us. I saw the deer out of the corner of my eye in the trees and was off of the accelerator and already slowing down when the animal decided to cross the road. After that we arrived and were with only about 15-20 others that wanted to see the same thing. Only about 20 minutes later, Old Faithful erupted. What a backdrop. The blue sky with the sun already set. The water and steam exploding into the sky with power. God was an artist. I can't imagine what it was like to see that great event early on in the discovery of the western United States. Those explorers will forever have my awe.

No comments: